Dark Mists Banner
   Login    Home
 » Official Dark Mists Forum - Categories » Strategy Guides » Strongest Acid in Thera.
Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #758] Tue, 29 August 2017 01:15 Go to next message
Alizaeh is currently offline  Alizaeh

the Enchanting Heroine of Object Manipulation
So been forever since I did Snake. Checked the freedom forum's responses on this topic.

Many of the things I've tried don't work, if they do and I'm wrong, could I get someone to confirm?

Xyza's tower was suggested and I went there. Zulkir's vial doesn't work, and one of the teachers there has a vial as well but that one doesn't work either.

Tried barr's bar, glyndane library, circle of oaks, windreach, swamps, draghir forest, myth dhrannor, and a few other places as well but still nothing. Used another character to try and locate, but nothing seems to give it away, or if it's something amongst the list of things to locate via "vial, flask, potion" i'm unsure of their locations.

Asked IC, but have come to the point of almost giving up aside from one last idea which is the Green Dragon in the dragon tower, but I don't think from all that I can remember, him/she dropping anything that is a vial, or something like that.

If anyone could help, would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
Re: Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #760 is a reply to message #758] Tue, 29 August 2017 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Palmis is currently offline  Palmis

Jar Lord
Is this for a quest. If so it might help if you post the entire quest details from the quest log.
Re: Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #761 is a reply to message #760] Tue, 29 August 2017 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The quest log doesn't show anything other than this.

I have taken on the task of the guildmaster in Ethshar, and as such
I followed his advice and went to the guildmaster in Glyndane. Upon
arriving, he told me he had received word ahead that I would be coming.
He had prepared my first task for me, and he said it would be the first
of many before I would be taught.

He contemplated and then asked me to bring him a vial of the strongest
poison in all of Thera. He would give no other clues.

Black belt monk skill for snake.

PS Dont make forum posts when your hella tired. My forum post is for strongest acid, this is supposed to be poison. Whoops. Apologies.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 August 2017 16:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #762 is a reply to message #761] Tue, 29 August 2017 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brofirir is currently offline  Brofirir

the Hero of Divine Wrath
You've already been there. You missed it.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 August 2017 17:27]

Re: Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #763 is a reply to message #758] Tue, 29 August 2017 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hanna is currently offline  Hanna

Thera's Poetic Laureate, Head Researcher of Guild of Alchemical Research
My guess is immortal Thera in Windreach.. the dragon on top of the hill.. but don't take my word for it.. I'm forgetful.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 August 2017 19:39]

Re: Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #764 is a reply to message #763] Tue, 29 August 2017 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Huh. Well, guess i'll go through the areas again.

Xyza's tower doesn't have it though. Unless there's a different set of teachers that i'm supposed to kill for it, which would make no sense since they are more "good" teachers on the stairs above. So the teachers below have a scroll each and one has a vial. Unless the scrolls your supposed to use, which I am almost certain you don't.

The green dragon in Myth Dhrannor would make the most sense for someone, or a unhoused monk to obtain it (maybe if needing a friend, but you can usually do solo)

Barrs Bar, and Glyndane library both had perplexing drink mixes (Ancient Lords Venom, and Snakebite if i'm correct) so thought maybe it could have been either but nay.

Swamps has the black dragon, which is acid. So unless i'm crazy or missing something super extra in the swamps I don't think it's there.

Circle of oaks, has tea and druids. The druids don't seem to powerful of creatures to be "the strongest in thera" so I didn't go around killing each of them.

Windreach I killed the dragons as well, not the keepers and what not since they were too/are too strong. So unsure if it's on those.

If it's in the Draghir i'm missing it. I've checked almost every room as I go in these locations, looking to see if I can see "secrets" or some sort of stashes. Never been much good at finding that stuff in rooms.

Thanks again

[Updated on: Tue, 29 August 2017 21:28]

Re: Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #1404 is a reply to message #758] Tue, 29 May 2018 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teyo is currently offline  Teyo

the Monk Hero

Is this updated or same as when you looked at it Alizaeh?
ou flip to the page in your quest journal and begin
reading...

10:57:30 am, Day of Thunder, 25th the Month of the Sun, in the year 395
"Snake monk special skill"

I have taken on the task of the guildmaster in Ethshar, and as such
I followed his advice and went to the guildmaster in Glyndane. Upon
arriving, he told me he had received word ahead that I would be coming.
He had prepared my first task for me, and he said it would be the first
of many before I would be taught.

He contemplated and then asked me to bring him a vial of acid, and not
the cheap imitation kind that the GML likes to sell. The real thing
from a laboratory. This acid is one that eats through flesh and bone.

Now I am attempting the quest and it says, 'acid' but anyway...
The clue points to a laboratory and that it eats through 'flesh and blood'
which is probably a clue and I am unaware.
Checked the laboratory in the orc/gnome caves where the tainted gold sword is made
and that led me to a 'black flask' among the damned men. Gave that black flask to
Kaiden and nada. Then I was pointed by someone to the waterfalls in the oasis, the
silver cup and gave it to Kaiden but nada as well. I was told to keep the silver
cup in the 'back of my mind' but have no clue what that means.
That's the only laboratory I know but will keep looking.

Re: Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #1405 is a reply to message #758] Tue, 29 May 2018 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Calynian is currently offline  Calynian

the Blade Dancer, Cha-cha-cha
I know there's a laboratory in Castle Bavarkis.
Not sure if there's a vial there or not......

Come to think of it..there's lots of laboratories..most are gross laboratories that come to my mind.
Re: Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #1406 is a reply to message #1405] Tue, 29 May 2018 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Honestly not trying to be mean but I just gave up on this quest all together.

I checked from everything. People kept saying it was the vials under xyzas tower, even got imms to answe and still nada.

So I just waited for a person who had a different quest line and helped them. Cause that's the only avenue that seemed viable.

Good luck tho!

And yes it is updated. Before it said, "Aquire the strongest acid in thera"

[Updated on: Tue, 29 May 2018 20:49]

Re: Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #1407 is a reply to message #758] Tue, 29 May 2018 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teyo is currently offline  Teyo

the Monk Hero
Thanks for posts everyone,
well there is more than enough in this post and the clues to find it easily.
I did find it and for a snake monk it is more than easy to get.
You had the right area where everyone kept telling you in the posts Alizaeh,
thats how I found it was looking there.
Re: Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #1408 is a reply to message #1407] Wed, 30 May 2018 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

the Hero of Divine Wrath
I've been waiting for the payoff post when he realizes he didn't bother checking all the rooms for months.
Thank you.
Re: Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #1409 is a reply to message #1408] Wed, 30 May 2018 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sall good glad ya got it. I never was one for books, I always just skim.

As always Wade. Always enjoy reading your responses............
Re: Strongest Acid in Thera. [message #1410 is a reply to message #1409] Wed, 30 May 2018 22:41 Go to previous message

the Hero of Divine Wrath
Good to hear Chris.
Previous Topic: Blade dancers
Next Topic: Enchanters assistant
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 20:32:55 CDT 2019

Dark Mists Banner
Enter the Dark Mists!
Home | Newcomers | Races | Classes | Religions | Houses | The World of Thera | Help

.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Forum design by: Dielantha Darshiva, Lord of the Silver Dragon for Dark Mists MUD. Updated by Palmis
Copyright ©1996-2017