Dark Mists Banner
   Login    Home
 » Official Dark Mists Forum - Categories » Strategy Guides » Enchanters assistant
Enchanters assistant [message #14] Wed, 03 May 2017 16:33 Go to next message
Palmis is currently offline  Palmis

Jar Lord
Below are some links to the Enchanter's Assistant stuff from the past. Probably not as good a guide as we had before but at least it's a start.

The walkthrough video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ss1prrge5hxl9k/Walkthrough%20Vide o.WMV?dl=0

Step by step instructions:
step 1 open CMUD
step 2, create database
step 3, download the file from dm forum dropbox link ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/3343i8xktfd4ubs/EnchanterTools.xml ?dl=0 )
step 4, import the file to your settings

step 5, change container as needed

step 6 repeat the database setup for 2 part, 3 part, and 4 part.
You can name your databases however you want. You need to make sure to
open that database before beginning a trial.

You would then gather materials however you choose.
Drop the jars on the ground, and then click the
button for the type of trial you want to do.

Though you only click it once, it will start the
process and burn through your jars. However you
may have to make changes to how you want it to react
when you run out of keys or make changes to how you
want it to pull keys to alchemy or whatever it is you use.
(Future tutorials may cover this)

The Enchanters tools XML:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3343i8xktfd4ubs/EnchanterTools.xml ?dl=0

[Updated on: Mon, 08 May 2017 09:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Enchanters assistant [message #1738 is a reply to message #14] Tue, 26 February 2019 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feroz is currently offline  Feroz

the Enchanting Hero of Object Manipulation
Is this the recommended way to track and manage alchemy? New to it and a bit overwhelmed, trying to figure out what is next. Are there other clients/methods to do something similar (outside of just spreadsheets) or must I purchase CMUD for this?
Re: Enchanters assistant [message #1739 is a reply to message #1738] Wed, 27 February 2019 10:49 Go to previous message
Rhea is currently offline  Rhea

the Enchanting Heroine of Object Manipulation
It is a means to streamline gathering (if you desire) and the biggest helper is that is process the attempts, tracks them and generates a list for you . This makes alchemy all the more feasible, it is a daunting task given the massive amount of possibilities. I have personal found several amazing 5 part formulas over the lifespan of a few enchanters. It is very time consuming....

And in the current state of the mud, it is a great time to be an Enchanter for research. Set it up and let it gather for hours and hours on end, then return gather the few pieces it doesn't and boom! Set it to start running trials and forget it. At my previous job I would wake up, set it up to gather (I tweaked it for my needs), go check the ambulance, make coffee etc. and let it run ALL day. Like all day. Leave it running if we got calls, etc. Then sometime later in the evening I would start my trials. Massive time sink, but you don't really need to be there for the majority of it, only to gather a select few pieces. You can even automate the quest from Caldoran with a little creativity.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 February 2019 10:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Strongest Acid in Thera.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Mar 23 22:49:58 CDT 2019

Dark Mists Banner
Enter the Dark Mists!
Home | Newcomers | Races | Classes | Religions | Houses | The World of Thera | Help

.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Forum design by: Dielantha Darshiva, Lord of the Silver Dragon for Dark Mists MUD. Updated by Palmis
Copyright ©1996-2017