Dark Mists Banner
   Login    Home
 » Official Dark Mists Forum - Categories » General Discussion » Wade's Berserker Guide
Wade's Berserker Guide [message #1725] Tue, 05 February 2019 16:39 Go to next message
Zanzibar is currently offline  Zanzibar

Herald of Malignus, Archmagical Hero of Smoke and Mirrors
Does anyone have a copy of Wade's berserker guide? I can't seem to find it on the forum anymore, but I am attempting my first berserker and I remember that it had a lot of good info.

Thanks!
Re: Wade's Berserker Guide [message #1726 is a reply to message #1725] Wed, 06 February 2019 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wade is currently offline  Wade

the Rager
Sorry man, most of my guides were annihilated with that server explosion, or whatever, from a couple years ago.
Re: Wade's Berserker Guide [message #1728 is a reply to message #1726] Wed, 06 February 2019 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

How do you recommend mastering recognize allies. I've mastered disciplined rage, but I still lash out at people from time to time.
Re: Wade's Berserker Guide [message #1729 is a reply to message #1728] Wed, 06 February 2019 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

the Rager
I recommend leveraging it for the sake of your own sanity. If your a sader there's really no other option.
However, if you're not a sader, you can buy a cheap pet from somewhere, go to a nearby area, rage out on stuff, and run in a circle until you kill the pet or need to rage out again. I used beagles and kobolds myself. Once.
Then I leveraged it every time after that.
Re: Wade's Berserker Guide [message #1730 is a reply to message #1729] Wed, 06 February 2019 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What other skills do you recommend leveraging?
Re: Wade's Berserker Guide [message #1731 is a reply to message #1730] Thu, 07 February 2019 14:22 Go to previous message

the Rager
Final Breath. Perhaps retaliation (if not, then train after you get final breath, since you'll have to run low health and be raged in order for it to improve).

There's also a point to differentiate here. Are you going for full mastery/A ring? If not, there's a load of stuff you SHOULDN'T practice. at all. The kit zerks have is mostly about maintaining rage, but after you get grudge it's rarely a problem. So all the things that generate rage for you (ire of the berserker, despise this, despise that, empathy, etc), are actually not helpful. Indeed, things like despise surprises can actually HURT you (do you REALLY want to be instant raged when somebody nails a massive backstab on you?). If so, unless you have a legion of buddies ready to help you train, you'll need to leverage most of those things, as well as breakout.

For multifocus, grab a bunch of -str gear and equip yourself with a crud blunt weapon, then drag the guards to the arkham tree and rage out on the tree.

Chop is only useful as a tool to reduce rage (it's damage is comparable to a single melee attack)

sorry for the extra unsolicited advice. Hope it helps.
Previous Topic: Later all
Next Topic: Must Be "Hate Joja Day"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:37:10 CDT 2019

Dark Mists Banner
Enter the Dark Mists!
Home | Newcomers | Races | Classes | Religions | Houses | The World of Thera | Help

.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Forum design by: Dielantha Darshiva, Lord of the Silver Dragon for Dark Mists MUD. Updated by Palmis
Copyright ©1996-2017