Dark Mists Banner
   Login    Home
 » Official Dark Mists Forum - Categories » Ideas » Monks (Monks need a buff)
Monks [message #1709] Fri, 25 January 2019 23:52 Go to next message
Grunk is currently offline  Grunk

the Monk Hero
monks are way underplayed its all snake and since the ac changes its harder to survive as a monk

i say give monks some elemental resistance snake strong vs poison, crane water, dragon fire tiger slash, mantis holy

i fought the green dragon twice for the scale and his gas soes so much damage to me i keep dieing
Re: Monks [message #1714 is a reply to message #1709] Sat, 26 January 2019 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thaco is currently offline  Thaco

the Hero of the Shield
Monks are plenty strong... could it be the gear you're wearing? The dragons breath can be quite painful. Your HP likely isn't the best where you are a low con race, and honestly rolls for HP are pretty whack.
Re: Monks [message #1715 is a reply to message #1714] Sat, 26 January 2019 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Minius is currently offline  Minius

THE- Devilishly Handsome Skeletamer, Master of the Tower
I feel the need to ask if you had Chromatic aura. Most monks go for Crusader, and it would explain a lot, if you didn't have aura up.
Re: Monks [message #1716 is a reply to message #1715] Sat, 26 January 2019 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quinn is currently offline  Quinn

the Hero of Heat and Flames, Master of the Tower
the dragons are meant to be hard content. Not to be steamrolled. Gas breath is likely the most painful one on top of that. You already get to ignore over half the fights mechanics so... Yah.
Also. Mantis outdamages snake every day of the weak. 123802193808 attacks don't matter if you only land 3. Get some svb. Also dragon breath gets weaker the lower hp the dragon is. ac changes are fine. one of the reasons it was changed in the first place is because there were dragon monks running around hitting -800.
Re: Monks [message #1718 is a reply to message #1709] Sat, 26 January 2019 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rangvaldr is currently offline  Rangvaldr

the Knight Hero, Leader of the Neverending Crusades
Meh. Just look me up and I'll whack his ugly arse In 2 or three goes...
Re: Monks [message #1724 is a reply to message #1709] Tue, 05 February 2019 11:59 Go to previous message
Alizaeh is currently offline  Alizaeh

the Enchanting Heroine of Object Manipulation
I know they can be hard, I never was good at dms pk.
But the years have shown me monks are plenty overpowered.

Best case just make many monks and what fits are the truth.
Previous Topic: New class
Next Topic: Chevalier - For Release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 20:12:16 CDT 2019

Dark Mists Banner
Enter the Dark Mists!
Home | Newcomers | Races | Classes | Religions | Houses | The World of Thera | Help

.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Forum design by: Dielantha Darshiva, Lord of the Silver Dragon for Dark Mists MUD. Updated by Palmis
Copyright ©1996-2017