Dark Mists Banner
   Login    Home
 » Official Dark Mists Forum - Categories » General Discussion » Donation
Donation [message #1694] Wed, 09 January 2019 00:42 Go to next message
Sirendale is currently offline  Sirendale

the Unseen
I know I have disappeared for quite some time but reading over some of the stuff I am rolling a char. I have also gone ahead and setup a monthly donation with paypal for 20 a month. I know its not much but hopefully it does help. now the trick is getting us back up and running.

Thanks guys
Chris
Re: Donation [message #1695 is a reply to message #1694] Wed, 09 January 2019 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quenton is currently offline  Quenton

The Candy Dragon, Made of Gooey Sticky Candy
Awesome to have you back Sirendale! Thanks for the donations!
Re: Donation [message #1696 is a reply to message #1694] Wed, 09 January 2019 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

the Unseen
Here is a thought donations should qualify for something special in game that can only be obtained by donation. I will totally settle for some double Exp since there is NOBODY but one other online lol.
Re: Donation [message #1697 is a reply to message #1696] Wed, 09 January 2019 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quenton is currently offline  Quenton

The Candy Dragon, Made of Gooey Sticky Candy
I think it was covered before, but I believe the current opinion is that we don't want people `buying the win`. I.e., if you donate, it should be a courtesy, rather than expecting some sort of reward. That said, I can't really see anything negative by rewarding double exp to donors, or even quadruple exp for that matter. That's pretty standard in rp games, you pay, you get to avoid some of the grind. To me it seems like a win win.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 January 2019 19:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Donation [message #1698 is a reply to message #1694] Wed, 09 January 2019 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

the Unseen
Pay to win would consist of getting a item that would actually give you an advantage. I was thinking something more stupid like the shirt that says I donated to DM and all I got was this crappy shirt lol... It was more in jest something fun to kill the silence in the forums.
Re: Donation [message #1699 is a reply to message #1694] Thu, 10 January 2019 12:04 Go to previous message
Palmis is currently offline  Palmis

Jar Lord
I'd hand out those shirts. Also I'm turning on double exp for the next... 5 days.
Previous Topic: All the double experience with no growth
Next Topic: Harassment Punishment in Detail
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jan 16 05:30:34 CST 2019

Dark Mists Banner
Enter the Dark Mists!
Home | Newcomers | Races | Classes | Religions | Houses | The World of Thera | Help

.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Forum design by: Dielantha Darshiva, Lord of the Silver Dragon for Dark Mists MUD. Updated by Palmis
Copyright ©1996-2017