Dark Mists Banner
   Login    Home
 » Official Dark Mists Forum - Categories » Broken Classes » More of a Broken race
More of a Broken race [message #369] Wed, 14 June 2017 20:25 Go to next message
Maxoteus is currently offline  Maxoteus

the Raging Hero
Ok so I was just sitting and thinking.. Yes my head hurts lol

Anyway Storm Giants..

They live in the clouds their hometown is in the clouds at least yet
Not all storm giants can even go to their hometown because they don't
fly its not even OP to say as a racial ability they should be able to
fly. I figure if something lives in the sky it should be able to fly
and not as a spell because that would limit the race as a crusader being
able to go to their own hometown.

Just a thought. Does anybody else agree?
Re: More of a Broken race [message #370 is a reply to message #369] Wed, 14 June 2017 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Genco is currently offline  Genco

the Hero of the Nether Plane
Last I checked, storm giants did have flight as a racial ability...

Was this changed?
Re: More of a Broken race [message #371 is a reply to message #370] Wed, 14 June 2017 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brofirir is currently offline  Brofirir

the Hero of Divine Wrath
They fly. I think.
They still suck. Razz
Re: More of a Broken race [message #372 is a reply to message #369] Thu, 15 June 2017 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxoteus is currently offline  Maxoteus

the Raging Hero
Ugh you are completely right for some reason I was mixing ice and storm.. This is why I should just retire fully haha joking
Re: More of a Broken race [message #435 is a reply to message #372] Mon, 19 June 2017 15:26 Go to previous message
Brofirir is currently offline  Brofirir

the Hero of Divine Wrath
giving a bit more time than to say simply: they suck.

They are a mage based race with high str, which is useless for every mage but enchanters, for carry weight.
They are of a size class that completely cripples their defensive capabilities, but they have no offensive capabilities it'd be useful for.
Their vuln is a saders favorite thing.
their resists are mostly cosmetic. Lightning is a horrible vuln, but a crap resist. anyone with chain lightning has other alternatives to use. Bash is pretty great for ranking, but once again, easy to get around in pk for any class.
Control weather is horribly unreliable and single room only. Often times the weather changes back from storm before you can even cast off a single invoc spell.
Invoc was nerfed in it's flare rate for being deemed to powerful and is now roughly equal to the ring of mental focus.
The ring of mental focus and invoc do not stack, they disable eachother.
their dex is sub par. on top of the size of this race, you almost might as well just remove dodge from their skill list.

There's a lot of ways that the race could be dealt with to be made feasible. Unnerfing invoc. buffing control weather. Giving them some good flag resists like weapon, magic. I personally don't like the idea of raising their dex or dropping their size, storm giants are supposed to be huge.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 28 16:02:32 CDT 2017

Dark Mists Banner
Enter the Dark Mists!
Home | Newcomers | Races | Classes | Religions | Houses | The World of Thera | Help

.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Forum design by: Dielantha Darshiva, Lord of the Silver Dragon for Dark Mists MUD. Updated by Palmis
Copyright ©1996-2017